Security Guard Officer Jobs Full Time Work $44.4K – $53.6K a year High Salaries 2022
Security Guard Officer Jobs Full Time
The mission of The New York Times is to seek the truth and help people understand the world. That means independent journalism is at the heart of all we do as a company. It’s why we have a newsroom that’s 1,700 strong and sends journalists to report on the ground from nearly 160 countries. It’s why we focus deeply on how our readers will experience our journalism, from print to audio to a world-class digital and app destination. And it’s why our business strategy centers on making journalism so good that it’s worth paying for.
Note for US based roles: Any offer of employment is contingent on providing proof of Covid-19 vaccination prior to your start date, subject to approved medical and/or religious exemptions, in accordance with applicable law.
About the Role
Risks to media organizations have increased substantially over the last few years. If you are a passionate, motivated security officer, The New York Times Corporate Security Department is looking for you. We are hiring for security officers to protect the safety of persons and property at our headquarters building. Based in New York City, these officers will report to security supervisors. If you care about the role of the press in our democracy and know how to keep people safe in difficult situations, this is a rare opportunity to work hands-on with us in one of the most active newsrooms in the country.
- Monitor the access control, video management, and visitor management systems at the headquarters building. Includes the delivering of employee, contractor, and visitor ID badges upon arrival, and assisting with required access control and Covid screening protocols.
- Work together with partners (e.g. security operations center, building security, building management) to respond to emergency dispatches, incidents and other access control questions and needs.
- Secure the building and personnel by patrolling the premises on prescribed routes and schedules; inspect floors, equipment, doors, and access points; guide pedestrian traffic into and out of the building; permit entry; answer inquiries as to the locations of offices and personnel within the building; provide security for events in the building.
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities; advise people away from hazards; inform violators of policy and procedures; deny unauthorized persons access to the building or parts thereof; obtain compliance with all building rules, including those as to drinking, loitering and gambling; challenge unauthorized removal of material from the building; deny unauthorized persons the right to park in front of the building or on company property; know the location of sprinkler control valves, and climb ladder to turn them off if necessary.
- Investigate and report fires and other unusual occurrences, and take initial remedial steps. Keep alert for fire hazards, accident hazards and unusual occurrences and “clock” at multiple stations at prescribed times.
- Write and update detailed incident and other reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and monitoring activities, including reporting notable incidents to security leadership.
- Perform the tasks of the Security Concierge position as needed – review IDs and vaccination cards, confirm pre-registration in the visitor management system (VMS), print and provide visitor badges to guests, manually enter visitors into the VMS where necessary, direct visitors to their appropriate floors, assist staff with visitor check-ins, and answer lobby desk phones.
- Maintain The Times stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results.
Required Qualifications :
New York State Security Guard License. At least one year of experience at a comparatively sized company office site. Excellent customer service and communication skills. Strong technical, written, and observational skills. Pass an extensive background screening process.
Preferred Qualifications :
Trained in basic first aid.
This position is represented by the NewsGuild of NY.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The New York Times Company will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, and will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable “Fair Chance” laws.
We are seeking Temp Security Officer to work at our Tempe & Mesa client locations for 6 weeks. This position requires excellent customer service, basic computer skills and critical thinking. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism and great communication skills.
We offer a full benefits package, PTO, weekly pay, and more!
Location: Tempe & Mesa
Benefits + Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation, Employee Discounts, Wellness and Financial Programs
We help make your world a safer place.
Securitas is a global company that offers the most advanced and sustainable security solutions in the industry. We are located in 47 countries and have 355,000 employees worldwide and over 150,000 clients.
Security Officer Requirements:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Basic phone & computer skills
- Calm, polite, and professional behavior
- Reliable and self-motivated
- High level customer service
Note: All candidates must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
Securitas plays an essential role for our clients and in society. The Security Officer position helps maintain a safe and secure environment for our clients by actively monitoring the premises, including patrolling a variety of locations. They preserve order while enforcing regulations and directives for a client site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and the area. Frequently our Security Officers will provide customer service and information to a client’s employees and customers. Some responsibilities may include:
- Maintain security and safety of the client’s premises
- Serve as a visible deterrent
- Prepare detailed and accurate reports
- Promptly respond to incidents
- Use technology devices
- Provide high level customer service
We are driven by a clear corporate culture and purpose, which helps us live according to our values of Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness. These values are at the heart of our culture, help define who we are and guide our actions.
No experience necessary! If you have retail, food service or hospitality industry background you are a great fit for this role; if not, we will provide you with the training and everything you need for a great introduction to a career in the security industry.
Are you interested in being part of our Team?
- Apply quickly and efficiently online
- Interview from the convenience of your own home
- Weekly pay
- Competitive benefits
- Flexible schedules
With over 80 years of protecting the things that matter, we’ve seen more than most. That’s why Securitas is the partner of choice for companies and an employer of choice for candidates worldwide.
Become A Securitas Security Services Team Member TODAY!
Apply online: https://ekaw.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX
See a different world.
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients’ assets and people. Our core values – Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness – are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we’re looking for you to join the Securitas team.
Our Company Mission:
Securitas’ mission is to protect homes, workplaces, and communities by providing the security services they need to protect their assets, safeguard their people, and maintain their ability to generate profits.
Securitas’ core values – Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness – are the foundation for our employees to build trust with customers, colleagues, and the surrounding community.
Securitas employees are honest and trusted by customers to safeguard their premises and valuables. We don’t compromise on integrity and create an open forum for our employees and customers to voice opinions, report improprieties, and share information.
Seeing, hearing, and evaluating. A Securitas employee is always attentive and often notices things that others don’t. Their vigilance is necessary in order to be aware of potential risks or incidents that may take place on our customers’ premises.
As part of an on-going effort to ensure safety, Securitas employees are always ready to help if an incident occurs that requires intervention regardless of whether or not it is directly related to their job.
Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Security Guard. The CSU Chancellor’s Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation’s largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor’s Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
The salary range for this classification is $3,216 to $5,049 per month.
Community Service Specialist I
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, is seeking a Security Guard to Unit ensure a safe and secure working environment for the Chancellor’s Office employees and guests by maintaining visibility throughout the building and grounds. The Security officer must have the ability to interact positively and diplomatically within a diverse multicultural administration setting while patrolling the property, monitoring surveillance cameras and access points, and permitting entry.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, CO Public Safety, the Security Guard will:
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment for the Chancellor’s Office staff.
- Disarm alarm, unlock and ready building and front lobby area in morning.
- Conduct outside perimeter and grounds patrol for transients and graffiti. Report as appropriate.
- Review daily calendar of events, emails noting the day’s guests and vendors and pass-on information.
- Assist visitors into C.O. parking lot as required or direct to off-site parking.
- Manage the front lobby area during wet weather. (Safety-related issues)
- Greet, badge and direct visitors and vendors as requested by departments.
- Monitor security cameras.
- Monitor fire alarm and suppression system at front lobby desk.
- Conduct and coordinate routine patrol of CO building and grounds independently and under general supervision.
- Maintain a safe reception area.
- Prepared detailed daily log by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities.
- Prepare and log Incident Reports for approval when required.
- Provide security presence as requested by Human Resource Services during separations.
- Coordinate radio and telephone communication with CSULB Police Dispatch, Long Beach Police, Fire and Marine Bureau.
- Identify suspicious activities that reflect an inappropriate use or potential theft of Chancellor’s Office property, coordinate investigative actions with a campus or City of Long Beach police department.
- Maintain and have a working knowledge of all safety related equipment including all Security and emergency radios.
- Report any malfunctions of building electrical, plumbing, and heating devices to the Facilities manager.
- Administer emergency first aid, CPR and AED.
- Provide escorts to employees and guests.
- During Board of Trustees’ meetings and other C.O. special events, place parking cones for VIP parking, coordinate the parking lots’ parking availability, provide parking assistance to Trustees and other guests of the Chancellor, identify reserved spaces, provide directions to alternate parking, and maintain a safe and clear fire access in parking lots.
- During Board of Trustees’ meetings, provide back-up support to CSU Campus Police as required and instructed.
- Verify custodians have completed their work for evening, collect all keys and work staff has exited the building.
- Secure building at end of evening shift:
- Shut down and secure equipment in front lobby area.
- Secure appropriate interior doors.
- Complete interior and exterior checks of building and grounds.
This position requires:
- Three years related security experience preferred.
- Training for prevention and detection of crime and general enforcement of the laws of the State of California.
- Working knowledge of California Penal Code sections related to a university environment as well as security practices.
- California Department of Justice approved pepper spray and baton training preferred.
- CPR/first aid/AED training preferred.
- Knowledge of Reporting of Fiscal Improprieties within the Chancellor’s Office preferred.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact in a positive and diplomatic manner in a diverse university administration environment.
- Demonstrates good judgment, objectivity, dependability, integrity, and the ability to handle situations with tact and confidentiality.
- Ability to work with peers in a team environment.
- Ability to perform above duties with a state of urgency appropriate to the condition.
- Ability to detect, respond and investigate appropriately to potentially hazardous activities.
- Ability to observe and recall details and incidents.
- Understand the mechanics of intrusion access control system.
- Knowledge of police radio communications.
- California Guard Card License.
- Chemical Agent Certificate.
- CPR/First Aid Certificates.
- Three years of related experience preferred.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates who apply by August 31, 2022. Applications will be accepted until the job posting is removed.
How To Apply
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the California State University, Chancellor’s Office online employment application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager at (562) 951-4070.
Please view the Notice of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Gender or Sex and Contact Information for Title IX Coordinator at: https://www2.calstate.edu/titleix
This position requires new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS)’ in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If hired, you will be required to furnish proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
COVID19 Vaccination Requirement
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/
The Chancellor’s Office policy requires that the selected candidate successfully complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position.