The college was established in 1963 as a joint venture between the Government of India and the Government of Rajasthan under the name of Malviya Regional Engineering College, Jaipur; The college was granted the status of National Institute of Technology on 26 June 2002 and Proclaimed Institute of Technology on 15 August 2007 through an Act of ParliamentNational Importance.The institute is fully funded by the Ministry of Education (Ministry of Education), Government of India. More than 12,000 students have already graduated since its inception.
Spread over an area of over 317 acres of lush greenery, the campus of the institute is imaginative with a picturesque landscape. It presents a spectacle of harmony in modern architecture, and natural beauty that fascinates and inspires. The campus of the Institute consists of the Institute Building, Hall of Residence and Staff Colony.
It is a residential complex that provides accommodation to the faculty, staff and students. All necessary facilities are available for the community living in the campus like staff club, hospital, bank, post office, community centre, school, staff residence, gymnasium, playground, guest house, 24 hours internet connectivity and canteen etc.
Malviya Institute Of Technology Admission
MNIT offers a wide variety of studies in engineering, science, management, design and humanities, with a primary focus on engineering. Eight four-year undergraduate courses of study and a five-year graduate course leading to the Bachelor of Architecture degree, with a total of more than 5000 students. Postgraduate Degree Award Master of Technology MTech Master of Science MSc, Master of Business Administration MBA and Master of Urban Planning. There are also doctoral programs with over 300 students. There are more than 150 faculty members engaged in teaching and research.
- Malviya Regional Engineering College, Jaipur was established in 1963. The college got the status of National Institute of Technology on 26 June 2002.
- The admission cycle for MNIT B.Tech program usually begins with JEE Main registration in December. To be eligible for admission to B.Tech programs, candidates must follow the eligibility criteria of JEE Main
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority or JOSAA is responsible for the combined seat allotment process for admission to 107 institutes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 GFTIs.
- MNIT MTech / MPlan program admissions are based on GATE score. Candidates also need to attend the CCMT counselling.
- Candidates are selected for MSc program through JAM. Such candidates have to participate in CCMN counselling.
Here are a number of scholarships that a prospective and existing MNIT can apply for to study. Each scholarship has its own criteria. If a student finds himself/herself fit such criterion then he/she can apply for the scholarship. Following are some of the names of such scholarships:
- Central Sector Scholarship for top class education of SC students.
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for higher education of ST students.
- National Scholarship for People with Disabilities.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for students belonging to minority communities.
- Steel Authority Scholarship for a student of Ministry of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering.
- Central Sector Scholarships for college and university students.
- Indian Oil Scholarship Scheme for Graduate.
- Scheme for award of Engineers India Limited Scholarship for ST and SC students.
- Coal India Limited BPL Scholarship. ONGC Scholarship for SC and ST students.
- ONGC Scholarship.
- SAIL Scholarship for SC and ST students.
MNIT has maintained an excellent placement record with increasing number of students for both UG and PG courses. There has been a reduction in the maximum salary package from 37 LPA to 30.82 LPA as compared to last year. At the UG level, the Department of Computer Science had bagged the maximum number of jobs and also got the highest salary package. A total of 417 students were placed from both the UG and PG level programmes. About 59 students were given pre-placement offers. The total number of internships offered to students (UG + PG) was 151+. Around 160+ companies had visited the campus for placements. HIGHEST CTC: 20.82 LPA, AVERAGE CTC: 8.19 LPA and 432 OFFERS
last year’s Appointments
Total UG students secured in the year 2018-19 is 505 Maximum salary package is INR 37 LPA and average is INR 8.09 LPA 100% of B.Arch placed with an average package of INR 5.03 Percentage of students placed 84.87% Out of 127 PG students, 115 got ranked in the year 2018-19 by a PG studentThe maximum package is INR 14 LPA and the average is INR 5.2 LPA. A total of 167 companies have been given pre placement offers to 50 students who visited MNIT for placements.
MNIT’s 317-acre campus is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan, approximately 2.5 miles (4 km) from Jaipur International Airport. It is 6 miles (10 km) from the Pink City and within walking distance of the business district and therefore both locations are frequent gateways for CGA students. The vast complex is lush green and there is a hill outside the Aravalli ranges. Several buildings form the cluster campus.
To the west are departmental buildings, research laboratories, association and club buildings, lecture theatres, banks (ICICI Bank), post offices, canteens, lawns, auditoriums, main buildings, computer centres; To the east is Boys Hostel, STP; To the north are the Guest House, Staff Quarters, Bank (SBI); In the center and south there are sports facilities and dispensaries